Top Cut® is an organic, nutrient-rich, nitrogen fertilizer source produced from biosolids. The addition of Top Cut to Prevail fertilizers replenishes the organic matter and also improves soil structure by increasing the soil’s ability to absorb and store moisture. Combining Top Cut with other fertilizer components complements the agronomic benefits of natural fertilizers with the quick response and economy of traditional fertilizers.
Top Cut is rich in nitrogen and phosphorus, two primary nutrients essential for turf growth, and also contains micronutrients such as calcium, sulfur, iron and humic acid. Because the nutrients are released as the plant needs it, they are less likely to leach into waterways, which is better for the environment. The slow release feeding also provides more uniform growth, a more established root system and thicker, healthier turf.
Benefits of Humic Acid
- Optimizes soil structure to increase soil fertility
- Neutralizes acidic and alkaline soil to release beneficial metal ions and promote nutrient absorption
- Stimulates root growth to improve nutrient uptake
- Increases turf’s ability to withstand stress
Benefits of Calcium
- Helps maintain a chemical balance in the soil, reduces salt content, and improves water penetration
- Stimulates the roots to encourage the uptake of nutrients
- Increases cell wall strength and thickness